May 3, 2012

3ºESO:I still haven't found what I'm looking for (U2)

This week we're practising the present perfect with this U2 song. Have you heard it before? Listen to it and try to complete the activities below.




A.BEFORE LISTENING:

Have you heard of U2?. What do you know about them (country, type of music, names of members of the band, songs….)
 B.Listen to the song and fill in the blank spaces with the words below:
Carried/ know/ Running/Felt/ Spoken/ broke/held/ Climbed/ run/ crawled/ scaled/ kissed/ burned/

I have 1………… highest mountains
I have 2………… through the fields
Only to be with you
Only to be with you
I have run
I have 3………………….
I have 4…………….these city walls
These city walls
Only to be with you

But I still haven't found what I'm looking for
But I still haven't found what I'm looking for

I have 5………..honey lips
6…………. the healing in her fingertips
It 7…………. like a fire
This burning desire

I have 8…….. with the tongue of angels
I have 9…….. the hand of a devil
It was warm in the night
I was cold as a stone

But I still haven't found what I'm looking for
But I still haven't found what I'm looking for

I 10………… in the Kingdom Come
Then all the colours will bleed into one
Bleed into one
But yes I'm still 11………….

You 12……… the bonds
And you loosed the chains
13……………..the cross
Of my shame
Oh my shame
You 14…….. I believe it

But I still haven't found what I'm looking for (three times)

C.AFTER LISTENING:
1.All the missing words in the song are ……………………..

2.Find the infinitive and meaning of the verbs.

3.Look at the structure: I have found/ I have climbed…..We use HAVE and which verbal form: present, past or past participle? What is the meaning in Spanish?

4. Find these words or expressions in the text:
            -Three parts of the body

            -Two adjectives referring to temperature

            -The opposite of tie.

            -The opposite of look for.

            -Three words connecting with nature.

            -The name of a sweet food.

            -A superlative form



5.What kind of song it is?. What is the song about?

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………....



6.Rewrite the first part of the song using your own ideas. BE CREATIVE!



I have ……………………………...

I have ………… …………………..
Only to be with you
Only to be with you
I have …………
I have ………………….
I have …………………..
These city walls
Only to be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment